Power of Prayer
Unity affirms the power of prayer and meditation to help people experience a stronger connection with God, and to enhance spiritual understanding.
We especially focus on affirmative prayer, the highest form of creative thought, which includes releasing counterproductive, negative thoughts, and holding in mind statements of spiritual truth. Through meditation, we experience the presence of God. Prayer and meditation heighten our awareness and thereby transform our lives.
The Five-Step Prayer Process
1. We relax into the moment and release all concern or fear about the person or situation.
2. We concentrate on a Divine Idea. For example, if the person is having an experience of poor health, we affirm vitality, strength, life, and wholeness. If the person is having an experience of lack, we affirm affluence, supply, abundance.
3. We meditate on this Divine Idea, seeing it as the truth of the person and situation.
4. We realize the Truth of the situation, affirming and claiming that what we pray for is already occurring.
5. We give thanks for answered prayer. And so it is!